Student Life at PCS
Payson Christian School is so much more than your average public school with an additional Christian education. We recognize that each student learns differently. Therefore, although we are established to hold 430 students at our school in Payson, AZ, we cap our maximum enrollment at 230 students. This way we can ensure that each student gets an individualized approach to their education. In addition, PCS is a four-day instructional week school. The students here come to school Monday through Thursday and have three-day weekends. We have found the shorter weeks have resulted in improved student concentration and information retention. Our school is future-focused and emphasizes teaching to the whole of the child. Rather than teaching a student enough information to pass a test and forget it, we help our students retain the information learned and learn new vital life skills along the way.
WE FOCUS ON SAFETY
Students require a safe and orderly place to learn and do their best. – At PCS, safety practices are in place, which includes:
- Continual lockdown via keeping our doors locked – all visitors must be viewed on a recorded video system before being allowed into the secure front office. Only approved and escorted individuals are allowed past the always-locked front office doors.
- Numerous high-tech systems are in place and cloud recorded.
- We provide safety training to all staff and students on a continual basis.
- Bullying is not tolerated; students and staff are expected to be kind to others and demonstrate respect and courtesy at all times.
- Other security measures are in place but not discussed for safety reasons.
As our school grows, so does our athletic department. The athletics program presents students with situations to practice teamwork, camaraderie, and self-discipline. PCS currently offers the following sports for our fourth – eighth graders:
- Cross Country